Staff Education Tool: Red Bag Waste Sticker
The California Integrated Waste Management Board provides a free, downloadable sticker image indicating what should go into red bags as biohazardous waste.
The image is intended for professional reproduction of 4x5 inch copies.
It notes the following as appropriate for red bag waste: fluid blood, blood saturated items, bags and IV tubing containing blood products, suction canisters, hemovacs, chest drainage units and hemodialysis products.
Editor's note: The California Integrated Waste Management Board states that the information in the image is specially designed to address waste challenges and waste regulations that are unique to California. Although it might also be suitable for use within other states and countries, it is the responsibility of the people outside of California who print or distribute this image to assure that it accurately reflects the needs of the locations where it is used, as well as all laws applicable at those locations.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Waste Management:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- CDC pleads Congress to approve Zika funding quickly — 6 observations
- Will the bronze plan disappear soon? 4 takeaways
- WHO reports nearly 600 healthcare attacks in 19 countries — 6 things to know
- Is the VA lacking resources or funding less critical areas? 6 insights
- Dr. Kenneth Chang performs 1st TIF procedure using new EsophyX Z device: 6 things to know