Staff Education Tool: Professional Conduct Toolkit
The U.S. Department of Defense, as part of its patient safety program, provides a free, downloadable professional conduct toolkit.
The "Professional Conduct Toolkit" is designed to help healthcare teams eliminate disruptive behaviors and adopt the professional conduct that is a hallmark of high-performing teams.
The toolkit consists of four modules:
- Professional Conduct, Teamwork, and Patient Safety
- Responding to Behaviors that Undermine Safe Patient Care
- Supporting engagement: The Role of Leaders and System Responses
- High-Conflict Personalities, Mental Health Issues, and Safety Considerations
To download the Professional Conduct Toolkit, click here (zip). (Instructions to download: 1. When an option window pops up, please select save. 2. Save the file to your computer. 3. Extract the file to a new folder.)
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Staff Education:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 3 thoughts on why orthopedic surgeon head of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Dr. Charles Bush-Joseph is a terrific leader
- Is $43 worth the wait?
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. David Forcione of Massachusetts General Hospital
- Dr. H. Whitney Jennings joins Harbin Clinic: 4 quick facts
- ASA names DeLaine Schmitz Anesthesia Quality Institute executive: 4 things to know