Staff Education Tool: 'Know Where to Throw' Waste Management Poster
The California Integrated Waste Management Board provides a free, downloadable 11x14 inch poster indicating what should and should not go into red bags as biohazardous waste.
The poster, titled "Know Where to Throw," was designed and produced by the Contra Costa County Health Services Department. It provides a list of what is supposed to go into the red bag and images indicating what should not.
Editor's note: The California Integrated Waste Management Board states that the information in the poster is specially designed to address waste challenges and waste regulations that are unique to California. Although it might also be suitable for use within other states and countries, it is the responsibility of the people outside of California who print or distribute this poster to assure that it accurately reflects the needs of the locations where it is used, as well as all laws applicable at those locations.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Waste Management:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 5 things to know about Pres. Trump's executive order addressing the ACA
- Should Medicare allow total joints in ASCs? Q&A with Drs. Barry Waldman, Derek Johnson
- 84% of medical personnel are unsure of MACRA's requirements, survey finds: 3 takeaways
- Healthcare plan vanishes from WhiteHouse.gov after President Donald Trump takes oath
- Christ Hospital's dispute with St. Elizabeth Healthcare over $24M ASC may wage on for years