Staff Education Tool: Hospital Emergency Response Checklist From WHO
The World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe has developed a free, downloadable hospital emergency response checklist.
The tool, geared toward hospital administrators and managers, "comprises current hospital-based emergency management principles and best practices and integrates priority action required for rapid, effective response to a critical event based on an all-hazards approach," according to the WHO.
The tool addresses nine key components of emergency response. They are as follows:
- Command and control
- Safety and security
- Surge capacity
- Continuity of essential services
- Human resources
- Logistics and supply management
- Post-disaster recovery
Download the hospital emergency response checklist (pdf) developed by the WHO for use by your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 100 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Emergency Preparedness:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Which patients should receive S. aureus screening? 6 thoughts
- California may be 1st exchange to offer coverage to undocumented immigrants: 5 takeaways
- Hillary Clinton's 7 proposals for healthcare reform
- Healthmark adds Cool Aids Single-Use Vest for healthcare staff: 5 key notes
- 5 trends in health insurance marketplace — And what to look for in the future