The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Staff Education Tool: Hospital Emergency Response Checklist From WHO
The World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe has developed a free, downloadable hospital emergency response checklist.
The tool, geared toward hospital administrators and managers, "comprises current hospital-based emergency management principles and best practices and integrates priority action required for rapid, effective response to a critical event based on an all-hazards approach," according to the WHO.
The tool addresses nine key components of emergency response. They are as follows:
- Command and control
- Safety and security
- Surge capacity
- Continuity of essential services
- Human resources
- Logistics and supply management
- Post-disaster recovery
Download the hospital emergency response checklist (pdf) developed by the WHO for use by your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 100 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Emergency Preparedness:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
4 tips for preparing for Joint Commission accreditation surveysRead Now
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why