Staff Education Tool: Hospital Emergency Response Checklist From WHO
The World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe has developed a free, downloadable hospital emergency response checklist.
The tool, geared toward hospital administrators and managers, "comprises current hospital-based emergency management principles and best practices and integrates priority action required for rapid, effective response to a critical event based on an all-hazards approach," according to the WHO.
The tool addresses nine key components of emergency response. They are as follows:
- Command and control
- Safety and security
- Surge capacity
- Continuity of essential services
- Human resources
- Logistics and supply management
- Post-disaster recovery
Download the hospital emergency response checklist (pdf) developed by the WHO for use by your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 100 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Emergency Preparedness:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- American College of Physicians names AmSurg's Dr. Robert Musselman a fellow; Nobilis names Kenneth Efird president & more — 6 key notes on ASC companies
- 3 challenges ASC face in multidisciplinary antibiotic stewardship program implementation
- Olympus under fire: Internal emails reveal US execs told not to issue warning about possible fatal scope infection — 10 takeaways
- 6 key concepts for smart staffing at ASCs
- 5 trends in the surgery center & emergency center markets