Staff Education Tool: Hand Hygiene/Glove Use Observation Tool
The Department of Veterans Affairs provides a free, downloadable hand hygiene/glove use observation tool for recording staff hand hygiene practices.
The VA describes the purpose of the tool is to collect data about current compliance with CDC guidelines for hand hygiene. The tool is developed for use in an ICU, although it can likely be adapted for use in other settings.
The collection of data should be done discreetly, ideally by someone who would normally be in the unit, so that their presence is not thought to be unusual.
Download the VA's hand hygiene/glove use observation tool (doc) for adaptation and use in your facility.
To download directions and more details about the tool click here.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Muskegon Surgery Center gets accreditation: 4 key notesRead Now
- 11 things to know about ASC quality reporting
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Phillip Toskes of University of Florida
- Removing H. pylori bacteria can reduce risk of gastric cancer: 4 key notes
- ePreop platform successfully submits QDCR data for anesthesiologists: 3 things to know
- U.S. health spending to reach $5.4 trillion by 2024: 5 notes