Staff Education Tool: Extinguishing a Surgical Fire Poster
The ECRI Institute provides a free, downloadable poster describing emergency procedures for extinguishing fires and caring for patients if a surgical fire should occur.
The one-page poster provides four critical steps for fighting fires on the surgical patient that should be reviewed before every surgical procedure and four critical steps for extinguishing airway fires that should be reviewed before every surgical intubation.
Download the ECRI Institute's extinguishing a surgical fire poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Surgical Fires:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition