Staff Education Tool: Extinguishing a Surgical Fire Poster
The ECRI Institute provides a free, downloadable poster describing emergency procedures for extinguishing fires and caring for patients if a surgical fire should occur.
The one-page poster provides four critical steps for fighting fires on the surgical patient that should be reviewed before every surgical procedure and four critical steps for extinguishing airway fires that should be reviewed before every surgical intubation.
Download the ECRI Institute's extinguishing a surgical fire poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 175 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Surgical Fires:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for successRead Now
- Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for success
- Streamlining the Life Safety Code® Survey
- International Anesthesia Research Society to issue $1.3M+ in research awards in 2015
- Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs make
- Financial leadership playbook: The essential skills for a CFO in gastroenterology