Staff Education Tool: 'Exposure to Blood: What Healthcare Personnel Need to Know' Brochure
The CDC, through the National Center for Infectious Diseases, offers a free, downloadable brochure addressing what healthcare personnel need to know when they are exposed to patients' blood.
The 10-page brochure addresses questions and offers best practices concerning issues including what to do if exposed to a patient's blood, the risk of infection, treatment and follow-up after exposure.
The brochure speaks specifically to bloodborne pathogens hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV.
Download the CDC's brochure on blood exposure (pdf) for distribution in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 125 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Bloodborne Pathogens:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Weston Outpatient Surgical Center recognized for high standardsRead Now
- 18 statistics on podiatry revenue per case at ASCs
- Changing Perspectives: One Gatronenterologist's Switch to a Different Brand of Endoscope
- 5 fresh ideas for differentiating your ASC
- 5 recent ASC industry acquisitions
- Physician employment vs. private practice: 14 statistics on pay, satisfaction & more