Staff Education Tool: Error-Prone Abbreviations Poster
The Institute for Safe Medication Practices provides a free, downloadable poster organizations can use to remind staff members of the importance of eliminating error-prone abbreviations.
The one-page poster, developed by ISMP and FDA, gives an example of a potentially confusing prescription, and then provides the following educational message:
"Some educational abbreviations, symbols and dose designations should not be used. They are often misread and lead to serious mistakes."
Download the abbreviations poster (pdf) for use in your organization.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Abbreviations:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Physician engagement through professional development: Q&A with Sheridan Chief Quality Officer Dr. Gerald Maccioli
- GI leader to know: Dr. Ismail Wadiwala of Sutter Health
- Tracy Surgery Center AAAHC accredited: 3 key notes
- Tenet shares plummet 18.7% in 52-week period: 4 points
- Valeant, EyeGate agree on ocular surgery-facing device licensing agreement: 4 key notes