The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Staff Education Tool: Error-Prone Abbreviations Poster
The Institute for Safe Medication Practices provides a free, downloadable poster organizations can use to remind staff members of the importance of eliminating error-prone abbreviations.
The one-page poster, developed by ISMP and FDA, gives an example of a potentially confusing prescription, and then provides the following educational message:
"Some educational abbreviations, symbols and dose designations should not be used. They are often misread and lead to serious mistakes."
Download the abbreviations poster (pdf) for use in your organization.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Abbreviations:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
4 Tips for Preparing for Joint Commission Accreditation SurveysRead Now
- Surgery Center of Kenai Opens, Seeks Transfer Agreement
- University of Rochester Medicine to Open ASC in August
- Dr. Brennan Spiegel to Lead New Cedars-Sinai Research, Education Center
- Putting the 10-Year Follow-Up Colonoscopy Guideline to the Test: 5 Things to Know
- Healthcare Analytics Market to Grow at CAGR 25% Through 2019