Staff Education Tool: Ambulatory Surgery Center Infection Prevention & Control Toolkit
The Oregon Patient Safety Commission has developed and provides a free, downloadable ambulatory surgery center infection prevention and control toolkit.
The toolkit is "specifically designed to provide guidance on the development and implementation of infection prevention programs that meet infection control standards outlined in Medicare's Conditions of Coverage and State of Oregon administrative rules."
It provides numerous resources including policies and procedures, posters, audit tools, forms and checklists, and Web links to additional resources including society guidelines, mission statements and more.
The toolkit is organized into seven sections:
- Infection Prevention Program Development
- General Infection Prevention Practice
- Sterilization and Disinfection Practice
- Environmental Hygiene
- Safe Injection Practices
- Employee Health Program
- Quality Improvement
To access the toolkit, click here.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Infection Prevention:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- CareCloud launches guarantee to help providers avoid MIPS penalties
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia appoints pain physician as CMO: 5 key notes
- Moving onto the next 100 TJRs: How this Ohio ASC's TJR program continues to evolve
- Allergan CEO faces 80.8% pay cut & more — 3 GI companies making waves
- Rules I follow to always get my man (and woman)