Scott & White Vascular Institute Earns Joint Commission Certification for VAD
Destination therapy is permanent support for end-stage heart failure by means of an implantable artificial heart device.
Scott & White underwent an on-site survey by a team of Joint Commission surveyors who evaluated Scott & White's Heart & Vascular Institute's VAD program for compliance with standards of care specific to the needs of patients and families, including infection prevention and control, leadership and medication management. The approval means the program demonstrated compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for healthcare quality and safety in disease-specific care.
Related Articles on The Joint Commission:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Physician engagement through professional development: Q&A with Sheridan Chief Quality Officer Dr. Gerald Maccioli
- GI leader to know: Dr. Ismail Wadiwala of Sutter Health
- Tracy Surgery Center AAAHC accredited: 3 key notes
- Tenet shares plummet 18.7% in 52-week period: 4 points
- Valeant, EyeGate agree on ocular surgery-facing device licensing agreement: 4 key notes