Scott & White Vascular Institute Earns Joint Commission Certification for VAD
Destination therapy is permanent support for end-stage heart failure by means of an implantable artificial heart device.
Scott & White underwent an on-site survey by a team of Joint Commission surveyors who evaluated Scott & White's Heart & Vascular Institute's VAD program for compliance with standards of care specific to the needs of patients and families, including infection prevention and control, leadership and medication management. The approval means the program demonstrated compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for healthcare quality and safety in disease-specific care.
Related Articles on The Joint Commission:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- GI leader to know: Dr. Brett Thorpe of Provo Gastroenterology
- Manhattan Spine & Pain now AAAHC accredited: 3 key notes
- United to Protect Democracy calls for investigation into White House's role in blocked Anthem, Cigna merger: 4 key notes
- Demand for HAI prevention, control measures spurring hand hygiene market growth: 4 things to know
- Two-time colorectal cancer survivor Dr. Samuel Pace spends retirement promoting cancer awareness: 4 key notes