Sample Survey of Device Use for Sharps Injury Prevention Program
As part of a facility's sharps injury prevention program, it is valuable to help product evaluation teams or committees determine how devices are used in their healthcare organization.
Included in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's "Workbook for Designing, Implementing, and Evaluating a Sharps Injury Prevention Program" is a form for the surveying of device use. The information from this survey helps product evaluation teams identify the device-specific issues they must consider when selecting substitute products. Department heads, nursing units or their designees should complete this form.
To download this CDC-developed survey of device use, which includes a sample cover memo, for adaptation and use in your facility, click here (pdf). The example uses a hypodermic needle/syringe. The form will need slight modification if used for other types of devices, but the questions will be similar, if not the same.
Download other patient safety-related tools and resources:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Summit ASC reaccredited by AAAHCRead Now
- 12 tips to negotiate a deal more effectively
- ASC stock report — 5 key company updates
- New EndoChoice slim scope, US Endoscopy distribution agreement & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- VisionCare completes financing for commercialization of telescope implant
- House committee chairmen release joint statement on ICD-10 implementation