The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Sample Medication Reconciliation Form
ASC Durango (Colo.) recently underwent its first AAAHC survey and achieved accreditation. During the survey, it was brought to the attention of Cheryl Desko, RN, clinical director for the ASC, that the center's patient post-op instructions were lacking in some areas, especially in medication review.
"The surveyor didn't feel that the patients were educated as to when they should take their medications once they got home," she says. "We changed the medication reconciliation form to indicate the times that the patient received any medications and the nurse giving the instructions is now asking [patients to repeat the] instructions."
To download a sample version of ASC Durango's medication reconciliation form you can adapt for use in your own surgery center, click here (pdf).
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Patient safety and the ASC: What the industry learned this yearRead Now
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Thursday – Oct. 23, 2014
- Are big spine surgeries headed outpatient? For this ASC, it's already there
- Global market for anesthetic & respiratory devices to reach $19.6B by 2018
- 8 ways to handle difficult people
- SEC issues first-ever guidance for privately held company M&A