The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Sample General Area Cleaning Checklist
As part of Lakeland (Fla.) Surgical & Diagnostic Center's efforts to prevent infections and comply with regulatory and reporting requirements, the ASC documents when its general areas are cleaned by the service it employs to perform the cleaning.
The ASC requires the cleaner to initial a checklist form indicating when each of 16 cleaning tasks are completed. These tasks includes scrubbing and cleaning sinks and counters, sweeping and mopping throughout the facility, and removal of trash and recycling
The surgery center also has a member of its staff confirm that each of the tasks were completed and pass inspection by initialing in a separate area on the form.
Learn more about Lakeland Surgical & Diagnostic Center.
Download other sample forms for adaptation and use in your ASC:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
AAAHC: 4 tips for building an infection control programRead Now
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why