Sample ASC Discharge Criteria Policy
When ASC Durango (Colo.) tracked its PACU times and found some patients were staying longer than four hours, the surgery center concluded that one of the contributing factors was a lack of an accurate discharge criteria policy, says Cheryl Desko, RN, clinical director for the ASC.
Ms. Desko and the ASC's medical director developed a new policy which streamlined and improved the process, helping to reduce PACU times.
To download a sample version of ASC Durango's new discharge criteria policy, click here (pdf).
Download other helpful resources here:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition