Sample ASC Discharge Criteria Policy
When ASC Durango (Colo.) tracked its PACU times and found some patients were staying longer than four hours, the surgery center concluded that one of the contributing factors was a lack of an accurate discharge criteria policy, says Cheryl Desko, RN, clinical director for the ASC.
Ms. Desko and the ASC's medical director developed a new policy which streamlined and improved the process, helping to reduce PACU times.
To download a sample version of ASC Durango's new discharge criteria policy, click here (pdf).
Download other helpful resources here:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
AAAHC hopes to shed some light on accreditation at its upcoming conferenceRead Now
- Pain physicians - Beware of your CPA's advice on asset protection: The advice you get may be inaccurate
- President Barack Obama using Oregon Trail to drum-up young health insurance enrollees
- AAAHC accredits the Illinois University Student Health Services
- 15 statistics on ASC hours per case
- ASC by the numbers: 13 statistics