Sample ASC Discharge Criteria Policy
When ASC Durango (Colo.) tracked its PACU times and found some patients were staying longer than four hours, the surgery center concluded that one of the contributing factors was a lack of an accurate discharge criteria policy, says Cheryl Desko, RN, clinical director for the ASC.
Ms. Desko and the ASC's medical director developed a new policy which streamlined and improved the process, helping to reduce PACU times.
To download a sample version of ASC Durango's new discharge criteria policy, click here (pdf).
Download other helpful resources here:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Associated Eye Surgical Center receives AAAHC accreditationRead Now
- Multiple Sclerosis Eye Center celebrates 10-year anniversary
- Checklists may not help improve surgical outcomes, study finds
- Zimmer creates TKA outpatient program
- Medical identity theft impacts 2.3M Americans, fastest-growing identity crime in U.S.
- Value-Based Surgical Care comes to Florida workers' compensation