Sample ASC Discharge Criteria Policy
When ASC Durango (Colo.) tracked its PACU times and found some patients were staying longer than four hours, the surgery center concluded that one of the contributing factors was a lack of an accurate discharge criteria policy, says Cheryl Desko, RN, clinical director for the ASC.
Ms. Desko and the ASC's medical director developed a new policy which streamlined and improved the process, helping to reduce PACU times.
To download a sample version of ASC Durango's new discharge criteria policy, click here (pdf).
Download other helpful resources here:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Adults who don't vaccinate cost $9B in 2015 from preventable diseases: 6 things to know
- Tenet shares jump 3.3%; Medical Facilities Corp. distributes 151st consecutive dividend payment & more — 5 key notes on ASC companies
- How physicians can leverage technology to succeed under MACRA — Insights from Elation Health's CEO
- St. Renatus launches 1st nasal spray dental anesthetic: 5 things to know
- Anesthesia Business Consultants releases fall 2016 newsletter: 3 notes