Sample ASC Discharge Criteria Policy
When ASC Durango (Colo.) tracked its PACU times and found some patients were staying longer than four hours, the surgery center concluded that one of the contributing factors was a lack of an accurate discharge criteria policy, says Cheryl Desko, RN, clinical director for the ASC.
Ms. Desko and the ASC's medical director developed a new policy which streamlined and improved the process, helping to reduce PACU times.
To download a sample version of ASC Durango's new discharge criteria policy, click here (pdf).
Download other helpful resources here:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
National Surgical Centers of America earns AAAHC accreditationRead Now
- Growing a healthcare IT company for ASCs — Key thoughts from Source Medical's Dr. James Coffin
- Are quality measures improving patient safety? 7 key notes
- National Surgical Centers of America earns AAAHC accreditation
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Joseph Kittinger of Wilmington Gastroenterology
- PPI therapy may increase risk of kidney injury in elderly