Sample Additions to Approved Procedures List Policy
Here is a sample additions to approved procedures list policy, used for the clinical policies and procedures manual at Western Reserve Surgery Center in Kent, Ohio, you can adapt for use in your ASC.
To download a copy of this letter, click here (doc).
Additions to Approved Procedures List
SECTION: Risk Management
Procedure: [Name of Procedure]
POLICY: Approval of New Procedure
The Approved Procedure List is reviewed and approved by the Governing Body of the facility on at least an annual basis. Decisions as to the addition or deletion of procedures to this list are based on criteria including but not limited to:
1. Medical history/physical condition of certain patient groups,
2. The standard of medical care in the individual community,
3. Consideration of the recovery period required for the procedure.
4. The necessary training and competency required to perform the procedure.
5. The necessary training and competency required by the facility staff to care for the patient post-operatively.
6. Procedures in which airway compromise is anticipated or expected.
7. Procedures where considerable blood loss is expected or anticipated.
Source: Laurie Simon, Western Reserve Surgery Center. Adapted and reprinted with permission.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 4 GI physicians in the news — July 29, 2016
- Takeda Pharmaceutical plans $725M R&D redesign: 5 things to know
- Dr. James Cottrell wins Arthur Ashe Institute for Urban Health's leadership award: 5 notes
- Anthem to add 9 ACA exchanges if Cigna deal passes: 4 takeaways
- Florida marks 1st state of local Zika mosquito transmission; 4 people infected — 5 things to know