Patient Safety Tool: Transitions of Care Checklist
The National Transitions of Care Coalition Advisory Task Force has published a free, downloadable transitions of care checklist.
This checklist provides a detailed description of effective patient transfer between practice settings. This process can help to ensure that patients and their critical medical information are transferred in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
Download the NTOCC's transitions of care checklist (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 100 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Handoffs:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Muskegon Surgery Center gets accreditation: 4 key notesRead Now
- Dr. Julie Servoss: A GI tech must-have
- GI society roundtable: Putting together the game plan for potential colonoscopy cuts
- 5 critical steps to developing an ASC risk management program
- Researchers reconstruct ancient virus to enhance gene therapy — 5 notes
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Jacques Van Dam of USC's Keck School Medicine