Patient Safety Tool: Time-Out Script Example
Minnesota Hospital Association and the Minnesota Department of Health have developed and provide a free, downloadable time-out script example.
The one-page document provides a five-step approach to performing the time-out. It describes the responsibility of the surgeon, circulator, anesthesia care provider and scrub tech.
Download the time-out script example (doc) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Time-Out:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Dr. Dolly Skeete joins Carolina Orthopedic & Sports Medicine: 5 key notes
- Big growth opportunities in the ASC space: Key thoughts from Nobilis Health Chairman Harry Fleming
- The changing principles of wound care
- Premiums go up, subsidized plan costs go down — 7 facts
- 5 key takeaways about the world's 1st Hepatitis D virus test