Patient Safety Tool: Time-Out Script Example
Minnesota Hospital Association and the Minnesota Department of Health have developed and provide a free, downloadable time-out script example.
The one-page document provides a five-step approach to performing the time-out. It describes the responsibility of the surgeon, circulator, anesthesia care provider and scrub tech.
Download the time-out script example (doc) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Time-Out:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- GI leader to know: Dr. Russell Cohen of The University of Chicago Medicine
- NJ Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers sends members to Capitol Hill in support of access to care bills: 3 takeaways
- Senior in home care start-up Hometeam names CMO: 4 takeaways
- Pain Con Pain Consultants at Piedmont receives accreditation: 3 takeaways
- Obalon Therapeutics 3 balloon capsule system safe, effective for obesity treatment: 5 takeaways