Patient Safety Tool: Time-Out Script Example
Minnesota Hospital Association and the Minnesota Department of Health have developed and provide a free, downloadable time-out script example.
The one-page document provides a five-step approach to performing the time-out. It describes the responsibility of the surgeon, circulator, anesthesia care provider and scrub tech.
Download the time-out script example (doc) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Time-Out:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- SurgCenter Development ASCs performed almost 7k joint replacements in 2016, 96% same-day discharge
- ASC Quality Collaboration report: 9 key benchmarks from Q3 2016
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Thursday — Jan. 19, 2017
- North America leads global infection control market with 39.5% market share: 5 takeaways
- 'Nightmare bacteria ' making its way across US facilities baffles researchers: 4 things to know