Patient Safety Tool: Surgical Fire Prevention Poster
ECRI Institute provides a free, downloadable poster detailing recommendations to prevent surgical fires.
The poster, titled "Only You Can Prevent Surgical Fires" and developed in collaboration with the Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation, offers recommendations in six categories:
- At the start of each surgery
- During head, face, neck and upper-chest surgery
- During oropharyngeal surgery (e.g., tonsillectomy)
- During tracheostomy
- During bronchoscopic surgery
- When using electrosurgery, electrocautery or laser
ECRI notes that the applicability of its recommendations must be considered individually for each patient.
Download the surgical fires poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Surgical Fires:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- AANA stands in support of Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 3 notes
- White House promotes initiatives for Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 5 notes
- 1st ASC earns The Joint Commission's advanced certification: 3 notes on Ohio Specialty Surgical Suites
- Kenneth Rainin Foundation awards $3M in IBD research grants: 5 notes
- US Sen. Susan Collins honored for CRC screening initiatives: 3 notes