Patient Safety Tool: Sterilization Audit Checklist
The Ambulatory Surgery Center Quality Collaboration provides a link to download a free sterilization audit checklist.
The checklist was developed by SPSmedical, and may be used to assess the decontamination area, packaging, sterilization and storage areas, and quality control and record keeping.
The ASC QC notes that while it provides a link to download this tool, it does not endorse any specific product.
Download the SPSmedical sterilization audit checklist (pdf) provided by ASC QC for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sterilization:Dallas' Parkland Memorial Warned OB/GYN Patients of Possible Contact With Dirty Instruments
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs makeRead Now
- Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for success
- Streamlining the Life Safety Code® Survey
- International Anesthesia Research Society to issue $1.3M+ in research awards in 2015
- Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs make
- Financial leadership playbook: The essential skills for a CFO in gastroenterology