The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Safety Tool: Sterilization Audit Checklist
The Ambulatory Surgery Center Quality Collaboration provides a link to download a free sterilization audit checklist.
The checklist was developed by SPSmedical, and may be used to assess the decontamination area, packaging, sterilization and storage areas, and quality control and record keeping.
The ASC QC notes that while it provides a link to download this tool, it does not endorse any specific product.
Download the SPSmedical sterilization audit checklist (pdf) provided by ASC QC for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sterilization:Dallas' Parkland Memorial Warned OB/GYN Patients of Possible Contact With Dirty Instruments
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Paper-based record-keeping could affect patient safety, study findsRead Now
- 6 tips for improving bedside manner, patient experience
- 55 things to know about ASC company 2Q financial reports
- Surgical Information Systems names Jonathan Lujan EVP of North American sales
- Physician Payments Sunshine Act: What anesthesiologists need to do before the data goes public
- Senator Rand Paul on medical mission in Guatemala