Patient Safety Tool: Sample Isolation Policy
The Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality provides a free, downloadable sample isolation policy.
The purpose of the policy is described as the following: "To facilitate patient care for all patients with a known or suspected communicable disease, colonization, or infection, thereby protecting all patients from the acquisition of hospital-acquired infections."
It is a lengthy sample policy that addresses a number of aspects of patient isolation including nursing responsibilities, transportation department responsibilities, and guidelines for specific types of isolation including airborne, droplet, and contact.
Download the sample isolation policy (doc) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Summit ASC reaccredited by AAAHCRead Now
- 12 tips to negotiate a deal more effectively
- ASC stock report — 5 key company updates
- New EndoChoice slim scope, US Endoscopy distribution agreement & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- VisionCare completes financing for commercialization of telescope implant
- House committee chairmen release joint statement on ICD-10 implementation