Patient Safety Tool: Sample Isolation Policy
The Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality provides a free, downloadable sample isolation policy.
The purpose of the policy is described as the following: "To facilitate patient care for all patients with a known or suspected communicable disease, colonization, or infection, thereby protecting all patients from the acquisition of hospital-acquired infections."
It is a lengthy sample policy that addresses a number of aspects of patient isolation including nursing responsibilities, transportation department responsibilities, and guidelines for specific types of isolation including airborne, droplet, and contact.
Download the sample isolation policy (doc) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Monday — June 27, 2016
- Is multimodal or patient-controlled analgesia more effective following an ACDF? 5 observations
- Stratifying risk — Using predictive analytics to pinpoint high-risk patients
- Coding productivity, accuracy decrease with start of ICD-10: 8 observations
- Global telemedicine market to grow at CAGR of 19%: 8 insights