Patient Safety Tool: Sample Isolation Policy
The Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality provides a free, downloadable sample isolation policy.
The purpose of the policy is described as the following: "To facilitate patient care for all patients with a known or suspected communicable disease, colonization, or infection, thereby protecting all patients from the acquisition of hospital-acquired infections."
It is a lengthy sample policy that addresses a number of aspects of patient isolation including nursing responsibilities, transportation department responsibilities, and guidelines for specific types of isolation including airborne, droplet, and contact.
Download the sample isolation policy (doc) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Nurse leadership primer: 20 key points on finding, supporting & being a great nurse leader
- GI leader to know: Dr. Brett Thorpe of Provo Gastroenterology
- Manhattan Spine & Pain now AAAHC accredited: 3 key notes
- United to Protect Democracy calls for investigation into White House's role in blocked Anthem, Cigna merger: 4 key notes
- Demand for HAI prevention, control measures spurring hand hygiene market growth: 4 things to know