Patient Safety Tool: "Check Your Medicines" Checklist Poster
FDA and the Agency for Health Research and Quality have produced a free, downloadable poster of a checklist to help patients avoid medication errors.
The poster, titled "Check Your Medicines: Tips for Using Medicines Safely," offers the following suggested steps:
- Bring a list or a bag with ALL your medicines when you go to your doctor's office, the pharmacy, or the hospital.
- Ask questions about your medicines.
- Make sure your medicine is what the doctor ordered.
- Ask how to use the medicine correctly.
- Ask about possible side effects.
Download the medicine safety poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 115-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medication Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
5 key notes on patient falls from The Joint CommissionRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Bergein Overholt of Gastrointestinal Associates
- 13 GI physicians making headlines – May 26, 2015
- DDW highlights: 3 GI physicians on what excited them most
- Dr. Lawrence Lavine travels to Guatemala on medical mission trip — 4 quick facts
- Pre-surgery MRSA decontamination drives down SSI rate in elective orthopedic procedures — 5 key notes