Patient Safety Tool: "Check Your Medicines" Checklist Poster
FDA and the Agency for Health Research and Quality have produced a free, downloadable poster of a checklist to help patients avoid medication errors.
The poster, titled "Check Your Medicines: Tips for Using Medicines Safely," offers the following suggested steps:
- Bring a list or a bag with ALL your medicines when you go to your doctor's office, the pharmacy, or the hospital.
- Ask questions about your medicines.
- Make sure your medicine is what the doctor ordered.
- Ask how to use the medicine correctly.
- Ask about possible side effects.
Download the medicine safety poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 115-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medication Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- CBO: ACA repeal could cause 26M to lose coverage by 2026: 6 findings
- Ortho Montana, St. Vincent Healthcare & Yellowstone Surgery Center expand outpatient services through Montana Ambulatory Care Campus: 4 highlights
- UnitedHealth Group earnings jump 56% in Q4, Optum segment drives major growth: 5 key points
- Rep. Tom Price takes heat for 6 healthcare company investments
- Trump meets with 2 Silicon Valley insiders over FDA position: 5 things to know