Patient Safety Tool: "Check Your Medicines" Checklist Poster
FDA and the Agency for Health Research and Quality have produced a free, downloadable poster of a checklist to help patients avoid medication errors.
The poster, titled "Check Your Medicines: Tips for Using Medicines Safely," offers the following suggested steps:
- Bring a list or a bag with ALL your medicines when you go to your doctor's office, the pharmacy, or the hospital.
- Ask questions about your medicines.
- Make sure your medicine is what the doctor ordered.
- Ask how to use the medicine correctly.
- Ask about possible side effects.
Download the medicine safety poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 115-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medication Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- AGA releases summer issue of 'The New Gastroenterologist': 3 notes
- 5 GI physicians in the news — August 26, 2016
- Who is Donald Trump's gastroenterologist, Dr. Harold Bornstein?: 5 things to know
- Takeda announces Access to Medicines strategy: 5 notes
- Prior to anesthesia, patients should receive comprehensive assessments: 5 notes