Patient Safety Tool: "Check Your Medicines" Checklist Poster
FDA and the Agency for Health Research and Quality have produced a free, downloadable poster of a checklist to help patients avoid medication errors.
The poster, titled "Check Your Medicines: Tips for Using Medicines Safely," offers the following suggested steps:
- Bring a list or a bag with ALL your medicines when you go to your doctor's office, the pharmacy, or the hospital.
- Ask questions about your medicines.
- Make sure your medicine is what the doctor ordered.
- Ask how to use the medicine correctly.
- Ask about possible side effects.
Download the medicine safety poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 115-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medication Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Hernando Endoscopy and Surgery combats wrong-site surgeries with new technology — 4 things to know
- American College of Physicians names AmSurg's Dr. Robert Musselman a fellow; Nobilis names Kenneth Efird president & more — 6 key notes on ASC companies
- 3 challenges ASC face in multidisciplinary antibiotic stewardship program implementation
- Olympus under fire: Internal emails reveal US execs told not to issue warning about possible fatal scope infection — 10 takeaways
- 6 key concepts for smart staffing at ASCs