Patient Safety Tool: Patient Handoff Policy & Form From Morehouse School of Medicine
The Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta, as part of its graduate medical education policies and procedures, provides a downloadable patient handoff policy and sample form.
The three-page policy includes a purpose statement, background information, characteristics of a high-quality handoff and the handoff procedures.
The one-page sample form is used to verify and document the occurrence of five events, including communication of up-to-date information regarding the patient, a verification process and minimizing of interruptions during handoffs.
Download the Morehouse School handoff policy and form (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 80-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Handoffs:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Democrats urge Zika funding finalization: 4 things to know
- Cigna & Hill Physicians Medical Group team up to deliver coordinated care— 5 points
- Seaside Surgery Center checks off its 1st outpatient spinal surgery: 5 highlights
- Rush University Medical Center to open $36.2M outpatient health center — 5 highlights
- 5 GI physicians in the news — July 1, 2016