Patient Safety Tool: Patient Handoff Policy & Form From Morehouse School of Medicine
The Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta, as part of its graduate medical education policies and procedures, provides a downloadable patient handoff policy and sample form.
The three-page policy includes a purpose statement, background information, characteristics of a high-quality handoff and the handoff procedures.
The one-page sample form is used to verify and document the occurrence of five events, including communication of up-to-date information regarding the patient, a verification process and minimizing of interruptions during handoffs.
Download the Morehouse School handoff policy and form (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 80-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Handoffs:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 6 things to know contaminated medical instruments
- Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in Washington offers outpatient joint replacements: 5 key notes
- What ASC leaders need to know about Donald Trump's '2 for 1' executive order to cut regulations
- 7 things to know about MRSA
- GOP remains unified around 1 core healthcare element — Health savings accounts