Patient Safety Tool: Patient Handoff Policy & Form From Morehouse School of Medicine
The Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta, as part of its graduate medical education policies and procedures, provides a downloadable patient handoff policy and sample form.
The three-page policy includes a purpose statement, background information, characteristics of a high-quality handoff and the handoff procedures.
The one-page sample form is used to verify and document the occurrence of five events, including communication of up-to-date information regarding the patient, a verification process and minimizing of interruptions during handoffs.
Download the Morehouse School handoff policy and form (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 80-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Handoffs:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
5 AmSurg centers receive AAAHC accreditationRead Now
- Southeast Alabama Medical Center implements Plexus IS' anesthesia system — 4 things to know
- 31 GI physicians making headlines – May 26, 2015
- GI physician to know: Dr. Arvind Movva of Gastroenterology Consultants
- Bristol Hospital opens new outpatient orthopedic and spine center: 6 key notes
- Man diagnosed with Lassa fever dies in US: 7 things to know