Patient Safety Tool: Outpatient Medical Office Survey on Patient Safety Culture
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality has developed a free, downloadable survey that focuses on patient safety culture in outpatient medical offices.
The "Medical Office Survey on Patient Safety Culture" is designed specifically for outpatient medical office providers and staff and asks for their opinions about the culture of patient safety and healthcare quality in their medical offices.
The survey was designed for medical offices with at least three providers.
Survey administration in solo practitioner or two-provider offices is not recommended because it would not be possible to maintain the confidential nature of individual responses. In small offices, rather than administering the survey, it can be used as a tool to initiate open dialog or discussion about patient safety and quality issues among providers and staff.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- MRSA infects Washington school — 5 key facts
- Will capping drug prices drive down healthcare costs? — 5 key points
- The ASC industry won't be the same: 2 significant changes slowly gaining momentum
- Publicis Healthcare acquires Tardis Medical to enhance clinical capabilities: 4 points
- What is in store for ASC M&A in 2015 to 2016?