The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Safety Tool: OSHA Fact Sheet on Proper Handling of Contaminated Sharps
OSHA has published a two-page, downloadable fact sheet on how to properly handle contaminated sharps.
The fact sheet provides best practices to decrease staff members' chances of contracting bloodborne diseases.
Download the OSHA fact sheet on handling contaminated sharps (pdf) for distribution in your facility.
Related Articles on OSHA:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
5 Centers Achieve Successful AAAHC AccreditationRead Now
- Job Opening: Chief Nursing Officer at Houston Hospital for Specialized Surgery
- Job Opening: Director of Nursing at Ridges Surgery Center
- How ASC Leaders Can Make the Most of ICD-10 Delay: Q&A With Betty Gomez of ZirMed
- Pamela Hess and Richard Rothberger to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves & Honors