Patient Safety Tool: OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Program Assessment
The Premier Safety Institute, which is a part of Premier, a healthcare alliance of more than 2,300 U.S. hospitals and 64,000 other healthcare sites, offers a downloadable OSHA bloodborne pathogen program assessment tool.
The tool, which was adapted with permission from ECS Inc., is described by Premier as a "comprehensive checklist for assessing compliance with OSHA's bloodborne pathogen rule, including considerations for a complete sharps injury prevention program."
The tool is housed on Premier's "OSHA Safety and Health Administration Program" website.
Download the OSHA bloodborne pathogen program assessment tool (.doc) for use in your facility.
Related Articles on Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Destiny Surgery Center gets accreditation: 5 key notesRead Now
- Dr. Julie Servoss: A GI tech must-have
- GI society roundtable: Putting together the game plan for potential colonoscopy cuts
- 5 critical steps to developing an ASC risk management program
- Researchers reconstruct ancient virus to enhance gene therapy — 5 notes
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Jacques Van Dam of USC's Keck School Medicine