Patient Safety Tool: Medication History/Discharge Order/Patient Instructions Form From Kearney County Health Services
Kearney County Health Services, based in Minden, Neb., provided a medication history/discharge order/patient instructions form for use in a medication reconciliation toolkit developed by the Critical Access Hospital Network and available on the website of the Nebraska Hospital Association.
The two-page form addresses several critical components of a safe patient discharge, including medications to continue at home, new medications, restrictions on activities, restrictions on diet and guidelines for wound/incision care.
Down the discharge form (doc) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Learn more about the Critical Access Hospital Network medication reconciliation toolkit.
Note: View our database providing 90-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medication Reconciliation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Iowa Governor looks to weaken state's CON
- 40% of voters want Trump to expand Medicaid; 49% think he won't: 5 key trends
- UnitedHealth Group starts exchange offer for SCA shares following Optum deal; Tenet shares plummet 18.7% in 52-week period: 5 ASC company notes
- How an oral immunotherapy treatment is combating superbugs — A Q&A with Immuron's Jerry Kanellos
- GI leader to know: Dr. Barry Frank of Florida Medical Clinic