The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Safety Tool: Medication History/Discharge Order/Patient Instructions Form From Kearney County Health Services
Kearney County Health Services, based in Minden, Neb., provided a medication history/discharge order/patient instructions form for use in a medication reconciliation toolkit developed by the Critical Access Hospital Network and available on the website of the Nebraska Hospital Association.
The two-page form addresses several critical components of a safe patient discharge, including medications to continue at home, new medications, restrictions on activities, restrictions on diet and guidelines for wound/incision care.
Down the discharge form (doc) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Learn more about the Critical Access Hospital Network medication reconciliation toolkit.
Note: View our database providing 90-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medication Reconciliation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 10 Qualities of Successful Leaders
- Ultrasound-Guided Paravertebral Blocks May Improve Quality of Recovery After Breast Surgery, Study Finds
- ASA: CMS Calls for Volunteers for End-to-End ICD-10 Claims Testing
- Avoiding ASC Claims Denials in the ICD-10 Age: 8 Key Concepts
- Top Risk-Management Concern for CFOs: Unanticipated Labor Costs