Patient Safety Tool: Medication History/Discharge Order/Patient Instructions Form From Kearney County Health Services
Kearney County Health Services, based in Minden, Neb., provided a medication history/discharge order/patient instructions form for use in a medication reconciliation toolkit developed by the Critical Access Hospital Network and available on the website of the Nebraska Hospital Association.
The two-page form addresses several critical components of a safe patient discharge, including medications to continue at home, new medications, restrictions on activities, restrictions on diet and guidelines for wound/incision care.
Down the discharge form (doc) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Learn more about the Critical Access Hospital Network medication reconciliation toolkit.
Note: View our database providing 90-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medication Reconciliation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Castle Connolly recognizes Dr. Semih Gungor as a top NY doctor: 4 things to know
- Penn State researchers develop care plan for Crohn's disease complications: 5 insights
- Study finds dietary fiber may reduce IBD flares: 5 insights
- Latest payer ACA departures further limit consumers' options — 5 takeaways
- Physicians Endoscopy appoints Guidon Partners Founder Greg Roth to board of directors following Kelso deal: 4 highlights