The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Safety Tool: Medication History/Discharge Order/Patient Instructions Form From Kearney County Health Services
Kearney County Health Services, based in Minden, Neb., provided a medication history/discharge order/patient instructions form for use in a medication reconciliation toolkit developed by the Critical Access Hospital Network and available on the website of the Nebraska Hospital Association.
The two-page form addresses several critical components of a safe patient discharge, including medications to continue at home, new medications, restrictions on activities, restrictions on diet and guidelines for wound/incision care.
Down the discharge form (doc) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Learn more about the Critical Access Hospital Network medication reconciliation toolkit.
Note: View our database providing 90-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medication Reconciliation:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Credentialing Tip: Assign a CoordinatorRead Now
- "Joining an ACO, Being Employed by the Hospital, Immediate Benefits and Drawbacks and Long Term Prospects for the Spine Surgeon"
- ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCs
- 4 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Technology Acquisitions
- CASA Welcomes 9 New Surgery Center Members
- Beverly Hills Surgery Center Hosts 1st Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy in LA