Patient Safety Tool: Job Action Cards for Radiological Incident From Gundersen Lutheran Health System
Gundersen Lutheran Health System in La Crosse, Wis., has created job action cards in the event of a radiological incident.
They address responsibilities for the following positions:
- TEC Person Taking Calls
- TEC Charge Nurse
- Radiation Safety Officer
- TEC Physician
- Hospital Operations Manager (HOM)
- Safety Officer
- Security Officer
- Radiation Safety Technician
- Facility Operations
- TEC EMT/Paramedic Staff
- Marketing Spokesperson
- Decontamination Team – Physician
- Decontamination Team – Nurse
- Decontamination Team – Radiation Physicist
- Decontamination Team – Circulating Nurse
- Decontamination Team – Access Controller
- TEC Radiologic Technologist
- CT Technologist
The cards are available on the Wisconsin Department of Health's WI Hospital Emergency Preparedness Program website.
Download the radiological incident job action cards (doc) and adapt them for use in your organization.
Source: WI DOH
More Articles Featuring Downloadable Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Total joint replacement in ASCs: 10 years & counting for Pacific Rim Outpatient Surgery Center — 5 things to know
- 10 largest ASC chains in the US
- Panel favors AmSurg in non-compete controversy with physicians: 5 things to know
- AAAASF grants accreditation to Salmon Creek Plastic Surgery: 4 key notes
- eSutures moves to new headquarters in Mokena, IL: 5 key notes