Patient Safety Tool: Job Action Cards for Radiological Incident From Gundersen Lutheran Health System
Gundersen Lutheran Health System in La Crosse, Wis., has created job action cards in the event of a radiological incident.
They address responsibilities for the following positions:
- TEC Person Taking Calls
- TEC Charge Nurse
- Radiation Safety Officer
- TEC Physician
- Hospital Operations Manager (HOM)
- Safety Officer
- Security Officer
- Radiation Safety Technician
- Facility Operations
- TEC EMT/Paramedic Staff
- Marketing Spokesperson
- Decontamination Team – Physician
- Decontamination Team – Nurse
- Decontamination Team – Radiation Physicist
- Decontamination Team – Circulating Nurse
- Decontamination Team – Access Controller
- TEC Radiologic Technologist
- CT Technologist
The cards are available on the Wisconsin Department of Health's WI Hospital Emergency Preparedness Program website.
Download the radiological incident job action cards (doc) and adapt them for use in your organization.
Source: WI DOH
More Articles Featuring Downloadable Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Legislators advocate for vaccines as debate over effectiveness takes center stage
- GI leader to know: Dr. Sam Moussa of Adobe Gastroenterology
- Woodland Hills Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Center earns AAAHC accreditation: 3 key notes
- Vision Eye Center acquires Virginia eye care practice: 3 key notes
- 5 ways CMS changes are affecting reimbursement for ASCs, anesthesia practices and providers