Patient Safety Tool: Interactive Infection Risk Assessment Worksheet
The Washington State Hospital Association provides a free, downloadable interactive infection risk assessment worksheet.
The worksheet identifies dozens of potential issues, including those relating to device-related infections, resistant microbes and surgical site infections. It then asks users to assess the probability of that issue occurring and rate the severity of it (magnitude vs. mitigation).
The worksheet then calculates the risk (relative threat) of the issue on a 0-100 percent scale.
Download the WSHA interactive infection risk assessment worksheet (xlsx) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Risk Assessment:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
National Surgical Centers of America earns AAAHC accreditationRead Now
- Growing a healthcare IT company for ASCs — Key thoughts from Source Medical's Dr. James Coffin
- Are quality measures improving patient safety? 7 key notes
- National Surgical Centers of America earns AAAHC accreditation
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Joseph Kittinger of Wilmington Gastroenterology
- PPI therapy may increase risk of kidney injury in elderly