The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Safety Tool: Interactive Infection Risk Assessment Worksheet
The Washington State Hospital Association provides a free, downloadable interactive infection risk assessment worksheet.
The worksheet identifies dozens of potential issues, including those relating to device-related infections, resistant microbes and surgical site infections. It then asks users to assess the probability of that issue occurring and rate the severity of it (magnitude vs. mitigation).
The worksheet then calculates the risk (relative threat) of the issue on a 0-100 percent scale.
Download the WSHA interactive infection risk assessment worksheet (xlsx) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Risk Assessment:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Surgery Centers, Orthopedic Group Use Voyance's Quality Intelligence to Improve Patient Perception of Wait Time
- 8 Recent Ambulatory Surgery Center Acquisitions & Affiliations
- Northstar Healthcare Bids for Two ASCs in Dallas & Phoenix
- Surgery Center Cedar Rapids Begins $3.4M Expansion Project
- Digestive Disease Specialists, MDSave Partner for Online Colonoscopy Bundled Pricing