Patient Safety Tool: Interactive Infection Risk Assessment Worksheet
The Washington State Hospital Association provides a free, downloadable interactive infection risk assessment worksheet.
The worksheet identifies dozens of potential issues, including those relating to device-related infections, resistant microbes and surgical site infections. It then asks users to assess the probability of that issue occurring and rate the severity of it (magnitude vs. mitigation).
The worksheet then calculates the risk (relative threat) of the issue on a 0-100 percent scale.
Download the WSHA interactive infection risk assessment worksheet (xlsx) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Risk Assessment:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Should Ebola be factored into ASC risk assessments?Read Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting