Patient Safety Tool: Interactive Infection Risk Assessment Worksheet
The Washington State Hospital Association provides a free, downloadable interactive infection risk assessment worksheet.
The worksheet identifies dozens of potential issues, including those relating to device-related infections, resistant microbes and surgical site infections. It then asks users to assess the probability of that issue occurring and rate the severity of it (magnitude vs. mitigation).
The worksheet then calculates the risk (relative threat) of the issue on a 0-100 percent scale.
Download the WSHA interactive infection risk assessment worksheet (xlsx) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Risk Assessment:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Non-Medicaid expansion states could gain up to $27.9B in savings by expanding program: 4 takeaways
- Senate committee advances vote on Trump's FDA pick Dr. Scott Gottlieb
- GI leader to know: Dr. Michael Sagatelian of Palmetto Digestive Health Specialists
- Drs. Todd Baron & Kevin Collier: 2 GI physicians in the headlines
- New Century Spine and Outpatient Surgical Institute installs Indigo-Clean disinfecting lights