Patient Safety Tool: Interactive Infection Risk Assessment Worksheet
The Washington State Hospital Association provides a free, downloadable interactive infection risk assessment worksheet.
The worksheet identifies dozens of potential issues, including those relating to device-related infections, resistant microbes and surgical site infections. It then asks users to assess the probability of that issue occurring and rate the severity of it (magnitude vs. mitigation).
The worksheet then calculates the risk (relative threat) of the issue on a 0-100 percent scale.
Download the WSHA interactive infection risk assessment worksheet (xlsx) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Risk Assessment:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Legislators advocate for vaccines as debate over effectiveness takes center stage
- GI leader to know: Dr. Sam Moussa of Adobe Gastroenterology
- Woodland Hills Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Center earns AAAHC accreditation: 3 key notes
- Vision Eye Center acquires Virginia eye care practice: 3 key notes
- 5 ways CMS changes are affecting reimbursement for ASCs, anesthesia practices and providers