Patient Safety Tool: Information Systems Downtime Drill
The four ambulatory surgery centers of Florida's BayCare Health System undergo an annual, unannounced drill to prepare for the possibility of their information systems going down, according to Nancy Burden, director, BayCare Ambulatory Surgery.
To document the drill, Ms. Burden, in collaboration with the BayCare Ambulatory Services Environment of Care committee, uses a one-page form which asks a series of yes/no questions and provides space for an action plan for any needed improvements.
This form is also used if any of the ASCs experience an unexpected downtime of any information service — computer software, full computer access or telephones — to evaluate performance in the real world.
Download the information systems downtime drill form (doc) used by BayCare for adaptation and use in your facility.
Learn more about BayCare Health System.
More Articles Featuring Downloadable Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 8 things to know about self-insured employers
- University of Cincinnati College of Nursing receives grant for collaborative program: 5 notes
- 4 things to know about Preferred Surgicenter opening in Illinois
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Elham Afghani of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Do adults & children with celiac disease have similar responses to gluten? 5 key notes