Patient Safety Tool: Information Systems Downtime Drill
The four ambulatory surgery centers of Florida's BayCare Health System undergo an annual, unannounced drill to prepare for the possibility of their information systems going down, according to Nancy Burden, director, BayCare Ambulatory Surgery.
To document the drill, Ms. Burden, in collaboration with the BayCare Ambulatory Services Environment of Care committee, uses a one-page form which asks a series of yes/no questions and provides space for an action plan for any needed improvements.
This form is also used if any of the ASCs experience an unexpected downtime of any information service — computer software, full computer access or telephones — to evaluate performance in the real world.
Download the information systems downtime drill form (doc) used by BayCare for adaptation and use in your facility.
Learn more about BayCare Health System.
More Articles Featuring Downloadable Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Will the GOP approve Zika funding before recess? 4 takeaways
- Boston small business employees to witness insurance rate hikes: 5 insights
- Virtual healthcare market set to grow at CAGR of 49.8% to 2022: 4 points
- EndoChoice releases RescueNet retrieval device: 4 points
- 33 winners of AGA Research Foundation's 2016 awards