Patient Safety Tool: 'How Can You Prevent Wrong-Site Surgery?' Brochure
The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority provides a free, downloadable brochure for patients on how to help prevent wrong-site surgery.
The brochure explains to patients why there are so many questions asked prior to a procedure and how caretakers should respond to these questions.
The brochure also encourages patients to speak if they ever have any concerns about the pre-procedure process.
Download the wrong-site surgery brochure (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Wrong-Site Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- CMS update to emergency preparedness includes 5 updated areas for ASCs
- North Carolina gastroenterology groups merge: 4 key notes
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Monday — Jan. 23, 2017
- GI leader to know: Dr. Eduardo B.V. da Silveira of San Jose Gastroenterology
- 5 things to know about Pres. Trump's executive order addressing the ACA