Patient Safety Tool: 'How Can You Prevent Wrong-Site Surgery?' Brochure
The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority provides a free, downloadable brochure for patients on how to help prevent wrong-site surgery.
The brochure explains to patients why there are so many questions asked prior to a procedure and how caretakers should respond to these questions.
The brochure also encourages patients to speak if they ever have any concerns about the pre-procedure process.
Download the wrong-site surgery brochure (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Wrong-Site Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Joint Commission to introduce 2-surveyor accreditation teamsRead Now
- Physician practice owners: 6 trends in the next 5 years
- 5 key social media guidelines for all business owners
- New York-Presbyterian's nursing department honors Dr. Klaus Kjaer-Pedersen with 2014 Physician of the Year Award
- Which insurers are most popular in 9 U.S. regions?
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals USA President Doug Cole to step down