Patient Safety Tool: 'How Can You Prevent Wrong-Site Surgery?' Brochure
The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority provides a free, downloadable brochure for patients on how to help prevent wrong-site surgery.
The brochure explains to patients why there are so many questions asked prior to a procedure and how caretakers should respond to these questions.
The brochure also encourages patients to speak if they ever have any concerns about the pre-procedure process.
Download the wrong-site surgery brochure (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Wrong-Site Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Vail Valley Surgery Center receives AAAHC accreditationRead Now
- 8 new outpatient surgical centers in March 2015
- Naval Hospital Jacksonville uses human simulators to hone skills, improve patient safety
- Ensure employee satisfaction without offering raises: 5 strategies
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Anne Henkel of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Study: High intake of marine omega-3 oils lowers risk of certain CRC subtypes