Patient Safety Tool: 'How Can You Prevent Wrong-Site Surgery?' Brochure
The Pennsylvania Patient Safety Authority provides a free, downloadable brochure for patients on how to help prevent wrong-site surgery.
The brochure explains to patients why there are so many questions asked prior to a procedure and how caretakers should respond to these questions.
The brochure also encourages patients to speak if they ever have any concerns about the pre-procedure process.
Download the wrong-site surgery brochure (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in hospitals, surgery centers and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Wrong-Site Surgery:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 6 things to know contaminated medical instruments
- Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists in Washington offers outpatient joint replacements: 5 key notes
- What ASC leaders need to know about Donald Trump's '2 for 1' executive order to cut regulations
- 7 things to know about MRSA
- GOP remains unified around 1 core healthcare element — Health savings accounts