The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Safety Tool: Hospital Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist From CDC
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, with input from other federal partners, have developed a free, downloadable checklist to help hospitals assess and improve their preparedness for responding to pandemic influenza.
Because of differences among hospitals (e.g., characteristics of the patient population, size of the hospital/community, scope of services), each hospital will need to adapt this checklist to meet its unique needs and circumstances. This checklist should be used as one of several tools for evaluating current plans or in developing a comprehensive pandemic influenza plan.
Download the hospital pandemic influenza planning checklist (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 100 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Influenza:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 5 Common ASC Management Mistakes With Consequences
- SCA Leaders to Speak on Co-Management at Becker's Hospital Conference
- Frost & Sullivan Shows ON-Q Pain Relief System is More Effective Than Exparel
- SCA's Andrew Hayek Named to 40 of the Smartest People in Healthcare
- HCA, SCA, AmSurg, USPI & Symbion: 5 Key Facts About 5 of the Largest ASC Companies