Patient Safety Tool: Home Fall Prevention Checklist From CDC
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides a free, downloadable home fall prevention checklist for older patients.
If your facility provides care for older adults, you can provide this checklist to them, in the form of an 8-page brochure, to help reduce the likelihood of a home fall after they are released from your care.
The checklist offers guidance for many areas of a home, including the following:
- Stairs and steps
Download the CDC's home falls prevention checklist (pdf) for distribution to your patients.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers