Patient Safety Tool: Home Fall Prevention Checklist From CDC
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides a free, downloadable home fall prevention checklist for older patients.
If your facility provides care for older adults, you can provide this checklist to them, in the form of an 8-page brochure, to help reduce the likelihood of a home fall after they are released from your care.
The checklist offers guidance for many areas of a home, including the following:
- Stairs and steps
Download the CDC's home falls prevention checklist (pdf) for distribution to your patients.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Joint Commission to introduce 2-surveyor accreditation teamsRead Now
- Consumer and clinician opinions on big data, telehealth and mHealth: 8 things to know
- Innovation's moral quandary: When am I obligated to reinvent the wheel?
- House Republicans sue Obama administration over PPACA: 5 things to know
- Just 1% of organizations will eliminate healthcare coverage, survey finds
- DOJ recovers $2.3B in healthcare False Claims Act cases in FY 2014