Patient Safety Tool: Home Fall Prevention Checklist From CDC
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides a free, downloadable home fall prevention checklist for older patients.
If your facility provides care for older adults, you can provide this checklist to them, in the form of an 8-page brochure, to help reduce the likelihood of a home fall after they are released from your care.
The checklist offers guidance for many areas of a home, including the following:
- Stairs and steps
Download the CDC's home falls prevention checklist (pdf) for distribution to your patients.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
AAAHC accredits first multiple-site provider through Network Accreditation ProgramRead Now
- 10 common mistakes when hiring
- Surgery centers offer tours to 60 new members of Congress
- Cyber Monday: 10 steps to protect yourself from security risks
- ASA, Society for Pediatric Anesthesia send FDA letter on anesthetics use for children
- Study: Aspirin tablets reduce colorectal tumour recurrence in Asian population