Patient Safety Tool: Home Fall Prevention Checklist From CDC
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides a free, downloadable home fall prevention checklist for older patients.
If your facility provides care for older adults, you can provide this checklist to them, in the form of an 8-page brochure, to help reduce the likelihood of a home fall after they are released from your care.
The checklist offers guidance for many areas of a home, including the following:
- Stairs and steps
Download the CDC's home falls prevention checklist (pdf) for distribution to your patients.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Republicans pull AHCA: 7 key notes
- The out-of-network co-pay conundrum – To waive or not to waive ... And how?
- Mobile apps equally effective as in-person visit following ambulatory surgery: 4 things to know
- Ambulatory services market to increase at 6% CAGR through 2024: 5 notes
- Dr. Cheryl Pegus: 5 strategies to becoming a physician leader