Patient Safety Tool: 'Hand Hygiene for Healthcare Workers' Brochure
APIC provides a free, downloadable brochure focusing on proper hand hygiene for healthcare workers.
The brochure, titled "Hand Hygiene for Healthcare Workers," spells out hand hygiene recommendations and techniques, including the proper use of plain or antimicrobial soap and alcohol-based handrubs. It also includes some background information on hand hygiene, a note about fingernails and definitions of key terms.
It was originally developed for the 2003 Infection Control Week and sponsored by Kimberly-Clark.
Download the hand hygiene brochure (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- HSTpathways supports SCA Medical Missions program through software donation: 3 key notes
- CBO: ACA repeal could cause 26M to lose coverage by 2026: 6 findings
- Ortho Montana, St. Vincent Healthcare & Yellowstone Surgery Center expand outpatient services through Montana Ambulatory Care Campus: 4 highlights
- UnitedHealth Group earnings jump 56% in Q4, Optum segment drives major growth: 5 key points
- Rep. Tom Price takes heat for 6 healthcare company investments