Patient Safety Tool: 'Hand Hygiene for Healthcare Workers' Brochure
APIC provides a free, downloadable brochure focusing on proper hand hygiene for healthcare workers.
The brochure, titled "Hand Hygiene for Healthcare Workers," spells out hand hygiene recommendations and techniques, including the proper use of plain or antimicrobial soap and alcohol-based handrubs. It also includes some background information on hand hygiene, a note about fingernails and definitions of key terms.
It was originally developed for the 2003 Infection Control Week and sponsored by Kimberly-Clark.
Download the hand hygiene brochure (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
5 abbreviations to avoid from The Joint CommissionRead Now
- Immunotherapy may extend pancreatic cancer patient survival: 6 key notes
- WAMC Gastrointestinal Endoscopy unit receives recognition for excellence: 5 key notes
- Woman wins $1.5M in verdict after Bloomsburg University Nurse Anesthesia Program dismissal
- 4 things to know about rising rates of chlorine-resistant parasite
- Drew Memorial Hospital discuss plans for new surgery center project: 5 key notes