Patient Safety Tool: 'Hand Hygiene for Healthcare Workers' Brochure
APIC provides a free, downloadable brochure focusing on proper hand hygiene for healthcare workers.
The brochure, titled "Hand Hygiene for Healthcare Workers," spells out hand hygiene recommendations and techniques, including the proper use of plain or antimicrobial soap and alcohol-based handrubs. It also includes some background information on hand hygiene, a note about fingernails and definitions of key terms.
It was originally developed for the 2003 Infection Control Week and sponsored by Kimberly-Clark.
Download the hand hygiene brochure (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Novamed Surgical Center of Baton Rouge receives AAAHC accreditationRead Now
- Growing a healthcare IT company for ASCs — Key thoughts from Source Medical's Dr. James Coffin
- Are quality measures improving patient safety? 7 key notes
- National Surgical Centers of America earns AAAHC accreditation
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Joseph Kittinger of Wilmington Gastroenterology
- PPI therapy may increase risk of kidney injury in elderly