Patient Safety Tool: Hand Hygiene and Glove Use Monitoring Form
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement, in collaboration with the CDC, the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology and the Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America, prepared the "How-to Guide: Improving Hand Hygiene — A Guide for Improving Practices among Health Care Workers." Included in this guide is a hand hygiene and glove use monitoring form.
The first page of this tool is the form itself, which provides rows for documentation of 30 encounters between a member of an organization and a patient; the second page is a list of instructions. In the instructions, IHI says each row in the form should be used to record an encounter between one healthcare worker and one patient that involves touching by the worker of the patient or the patient's immediate environment.
Download the hand hygiene and glove use monitoring form (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Source: Institute for Healthcare Improvement
Related Articles on Hand Hygiene:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
WSJ Article urges patients to be informed about anesthesiaRead Now
- Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for success
- Streamlining the Life Safety Code® Survey
- International Anesthesia Research Society to issue $1.3M+ in research awards in 2015
- Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs make
- Financial leadership playbook: The essential skills for a CFO in gastroenterology