Patient Safety Tool: Falls Prevention Checklist From CNA HealthPro
CNA HealthPro, a provider of professional liability insurance for healthcare providers and organizations, has published a new resource to help ambulatory-based facilities learn how to reduce patient falls, which includes an extensive checklist an organization can use to assess its fall prevention efforts.
The resource, titled, "Patient Falls: Assessing Risk, Reducing Injury," provides strategies to reduce and document falls within ambulatory care settings.
The checklist asks organizations to assess their performance in seven areas:
- Educating staff
- Evaluating, identifying and informing patients
- Obtaining and documenting patient histories
- Protecting patients in examination and treatment areas
- Maintaining a safe environment
- Creating safer living spaces for home care clients
- Documenting fall-related injuries
Download the CNA HealthPro resource on patient falls prevention (pdf), which includes the checklist on p. 2-4, for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 115-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Falls:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- AGA releases summer issue of 'The New Gastroenterologist': 3 notes
- 5 GI physicians in the news — August 26, 2016
- Who is Donald Trump's gastroenterologist, Dr. Harold Bornstein?: 5 things to know
- Takeda announces Access to Medicines strategy: 5 notes
- Prior to anesthesia, patients should receive comprehensive assessments: 5 notes