The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Safety Tool: Environmental Checklist for Monitoring Terminal Cleaning From CDC
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has created a free, downloadable environmental checklist for monitor terminal cleaning.
The checklist has the user identify whether high-touch room surfaces, those sites most frequently contaminated and touched by patients and/or healthcare workers, have been cleaned, not cleaned or are not present in the room.
It also asks the user to identify the monitoring method used, such as direct observation, swab cultures or fluorescent gel.
Download the environmental checklist (doc) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 85-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles About Environmental Cleaning:Study: Environmental Cleaning Makes Significant Difference in Reducing Risk of MRSA
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Accreditation Tip: Be CandidRead Now
- 5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves & Honors
- Barrington Pain and Spine Institute Gets State Approval for Spine Surgery Services
- Top 5 Specialty Physicians Who Offer Ancillary Services
- FOAA Anesthesia Services' Dr. Srinivas Sharma to Serve as Featured Panelist at Mid-Atlantic Anesthesia Research Conference
- FDA Recalls ARKON Anesthesia System With Version 2.0 Software