Patient Safety Tool: Environmental Checklist for Monitoring Terminal Cleaning From CDC
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has created a free, downloadable environmental checklist for monitor terminal cleaning.
The checklist has the user identify whether high-touch room surfaces, those sites most frequently contaminated and touched by patients and/or healthcare workers, have been cleaned, not cleaned or are not present in the room.
It also asks the user to identify the monitoring method used, such as direct observation, swab cultures or fluorescent gel.
Download the environmental checklist (doc) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 85-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles About Environmental Cleaning:Study: Environmental Cleaning Makes Significant Difference in Reducing Risk of MRSA
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- ASC single specialty vs. multispecialty — Which is best?
- The ASC infection control manifesto: 4 essentials for survey readiness
- Cleveland Clinic Florida $302M expansion to include ASC: 5 things to know
- Extension Healthcare awarded for alarm safety software: 5 points
- Sale/lease-back deals attract ASC owners