Patient Safety Tool: 'DOs and DON'Ts of Proper Sharps Disposal' Poster
The FDA provides a free, downloadable "DOs and DON'Ts of Proper Sharps Disposal" poster.
The poster provides 12 dos and five don'ts concerning disposal of sharps used at home, work or while traveling.
It also identifies five characteristics of sharps disposal containers and the best way to get rid of used needles and other sharps.
The FDA advises healthcare providers to advise their patients on the safe disposal of needles and other sharps, and to print out the poster for their patients.
Download the proper sharps disposal poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Sharps Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Innovation in GI: Advances in gastroenterology technology & technique
- A game changer for GI — Dr. Anthony Starpoli on how the TIF procedure can control regurgitation
- How to create a strategic partnership with a hospital
- 9 states with the highest & lowest physician salaries
- Frenetic consolidation: The anesthesia market today & where ASCs fit in