Patient Safety Tool: Clostridium Difficile Environmental Cleaning Checklist
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology provides a free, downloadable and adaptable environmental checklist using sodium hypochlorite for daily cleaning when C. diff is involved.
APIC also offers a free, downloadable environmental checklist using sodium hypochlorite for daily cleaning when the presence of C. diff is not known or suspected.
The checklists are on p. 35-36 of APIC's 2008 "Guide to the Elimination of Clostridium difficile in Healthcare Settings."
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Clostridium Difficile:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Patient identification complexity & why the industry is still trying to get it right: 5 considerations
- The Center for Musculoskeletal Disorders installs Mazor system in ambulatory outpatient setting: 4 things to know
- 5 financial thoughts for mid-career physicians
- ASA, ePreop partner on quality reporting software: 5 notes
- RIVANNA partners with Vertec Scientific to market new anesthesia device: 3 notes