Patient Safety Tool: Clostridium Difficile Environmental Cleaning Checklist
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology provides a free, downloadable and adaptable environmental checklist using sodium hypochlorite for daily cleaning when C. diff is involved.
APIC also offers a free, downloadable environmental checklist using sodium hypochlorite for daily cleaning when the presence of C. diff is not known or suspected.
The checklists are on p. 35-36 of APIC's 2008 "Guide to the Elimination of Clostridium difficile in Healthcare Settings."
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Clostridium Difficile:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Yankton Medical Clinic ASC gets accreditationRead Now
- 8 things to know about healthcare-associated infections
- Dr. David Folden develops Folden Femto Dissector: 5 key notes
- Dayton Children's $47.5M expansion includes surgery center: 4 key notes
- Global infection control market to grow 6% to 7% CAGR by 2020 & 6 more key notes
- EHRs in the ASC: Making the right selection & staying ahead of the curve