The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Safety Tool: Clostridium Difficile Environmental Cleaning Checklist
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology provides a free, downloadable and adaptable environmental checklist using sodium hypochlorite for daily cleaning when C. diff is involved.
APIC also offers a free, downloadable environmental checklist using sodium hypochlorite for daily cleaning when the presence of C. diff is not known or suspected.
The checklists are on p. 35-36 of APIC's 2008 "Guide to the Elimination of Clostridium difficile in Healthcare Settings."
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Clostridium Difficile:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
4 best patient satisfaction care tips for ASCsRead Now
- Inpatient utilization expected to continue dropping
- 4 tips to addressing physician credentialing with payers during an acquisition
- New Bradley ASC may move orthopedics in 2 years
- Bridging the generational gap: Understanding older & younger surgeon perspectives
- Over-the-scope clip placement effective, safe for GI defects