Patient Safety Tool: Clostridium Difficile Environmental Cleaning Checklist
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology provides a free, downloadable and adaptable environmental checklist using sodium hypochlorite for daily cleaning when C. diff is involved.
APIC also offers a free, downloadable environmental checklist using sodium hypochlorite for daily cleaning when the presence of C. diff is not known or suspected.
The checklists are on p. 35-36 of APIC's 2008 "Guide to the Elimination of Clostridium difficile in Healthcare Settings."
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Clostridium Difficile:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Joint Commission approved multidose eye drop technique saves healthcare dollarsRead Now
- 12 tips to negotiate a deal more effectively
- ASC stock report — 5 key company updates
- New EndoChoice slim scope, US Endoscopy distribution agreement & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- VisionCare completes financing for commercialization of telescope implant
- House committee chairmen release joint statement on ICD-10 implementation