The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Safety Tool: Checklist for Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Prevention
The Premier Safety Institute, which is a part of Premier, a healthcare alliance of more than 2,300 U.S. hospitals and 64,000 other healthcare sites, offers a free, downloadable and adaptable OSHA bloodborne pathogen exposure prevention checklist.
The checklist, which was reprinted and adapted with permission from Advances in Exposure Prevention (1999: 4:33-34), published by the International Health Care Worker Safety Center, is intended to help a facility gauge how far it has progressed in preventing occupational exposure.
The tool is housed on Premier's "OSHA Safety and Health Administration Program" website.
Download the checklist for exposure prevention (.doc) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Bloodborne Pathogens:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Eisenberg Award applications open August 1Read Now
- 100 things for ASC leaders to know in 2014
- 6 valuable ASC financial reports you're likely not running
- Patient safety tool: Qualis Health's online toolkit for engaging patients in infection control
- 18 Sheridan anesthesiologists to serve on Florida Society of Anesthesiology's board of directors
- Board-administrator relationship is important: Q&A with Longmont Surgery Center's Angie Blankinship