Patient Safety Tool: Checklist for Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Prevention
The Premier Safety Institute, which is a part of Premier, a healthcare alliance of more than 2,300 U.S. hospitals and 64,000 other healthcare sites, offers a free, downloadable and adaptable OSHA bloodborne pathogen exposure prevention checklist.
The checklist, which was reprinted and adapted with permission from Advances in Exposure Prevention (1999: 4:33-34), published by the International Health Care Worker Safety Center, is intended to help a facility gauge how far it has progressed in preventing occupational exposure.
The tool is housed on Premier's "OSHA Safety and Health Administration Program" website.
Download the checklist for exposure prevention (.doc) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Bloodborne Pathogens:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- UnitedHealthcare now posts Healthgrades star ratings for each physician: 7 key notes
- Joint Commission: New tools for medical error prevention
- Mederi Therapeutics launches 3rd generation of Stretta, Boston Scientific reports Q1 2016 financials & more — 5 GI company key notes
- Gastroenterologist pay in the US, UK, Canada & Australia: 5 notes
- Seres Therapeutics signs research agreements to support development of microbiome therapy for IBD: 3 points