Patient Safety Tool: 'CATS' Poster for Surgical Site Infection Intervention
The Health Services Advisory Group designed a poster to remind and educate caregivers, staff, patients and families about interventions to decrease surgical site infections using the acronym CATS.
CATS stands for:
C: Clippers (remove hair appropriately)
A: Antibiotics (use prophylactic antibiotics appropriately)
T: Temperature (maintain normothermia)
S: Sugar (maintain glucose control)
The poster includes the headline "CATS Decrease Surgical Site Infections," along with an explanation of the acronym and an image of a cat.
Download the HSAG CATS poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Related Articles on Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- AGA releases summer issue of 'The New Gastroenterologist': 3 notes
- 5 GI physicians in the news — August 26, 2016
- Who is Donald Trump's gastroenterologist, Dr. Harold Bornstein?: 5 things to know
- Takeda announces Access to Medicines strategy: 5 notes
- Prior to anesthesia, patients should receive comprehensive assessments: 5 notes