Patient Safety Tool: 'CATS' Poster for Surgical Site Infection Intervention
The Health Services Advisory Group designed a poster to remind and educate caregivers, staff, patients and families about interventions to decrease surgical site infections using the acronym CATS.
CATS stands for:
C: Clippers (remove hair appropriately)
A: Antibiotics (use prophylactic antibiotics appropriately)
T: Temperature (maintain normothermia)
S: Sugar (maintain glucose control)
The poster includes the headline "CATS Decrease Surgical Site Infections," along with an explanation of the acronym and an image of a cat.
Download the HSAG CATS poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Related Articles on Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- AAAHC selected to accredit more than 70 correctional health facilities: 4 insights
- GI leader to know: Dr. Brennan Spiegel of Cedars-Sinai
- First impressions matter — AGA shares 5 CV mistakes gastroenterologists should avoid
- Nate Silver: Republican healthcare bill unpopular: 5 insights
- Capital One closes $30.5M loan for medical office building acquisition: 4 insights