Patient Safety Tool: 'CATS' Poster for Surgical Site Infection Intervention
The Health Services Advisory Group designed a poster to remind and educate caregivers, staff, patients and families about interventions to decrease surgical site infections using the acronym CATS.
CATS stands for:
C: Clippers (remove hair appropriately)
A: Antibiotics (use prophylactic antibiotics appropriately)
T: Temperature (maintain normothermia)
S: Sugar (maintain glucose control)
The poster includes the headline "CATS Decrease Surgical Site Infections," along with an explanation of the acronym and an image of a cat.
Download the HSAG CATS poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Related Articles on Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Zika has a code in ICD-10: 3 notes
- SwervePay earns $10M in funding — 4 observations
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Dahlia Awais of Minnesota Gastroenterology
- Dr. David Ahlquist: Cologuard could be an alternative to colonoscopy — 5 notes
- 74% of anesthesiologists sued for care at outpatient clinics: 7 statistics on work setting & lawsuit risk