Patient Safety Tool: 'CATS' Poster for Surgical Site Infection Intervention
The Health Services Advisory Group designed a poster to remind and educate caregivers, staff, patients and families about interventions to decrease surgical site infections using the acronym CATS.
CATS stands for:
C: Clippers (remove hair appropriately)
A: Antibiotics (use prophylactic antibiotics appropriately)
T: Temperature (maintain normothermia)
S: Sugar (maintain glucose control)
The poster includes the headline "CATS Decrease Surgical Site Infections," along with an explanation of the acronym and an image of a cat.
Download the HSAG CATS poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Related Articles on Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Percentage of office-based physicians using EHR in all 50 states: 8 states over 90%
- 8 things to know on physician practice revenue cycle management outsourcing
- Reducing the number of variables: 4 thoughts on what makes this ASC's TJR program succeed
- Patient identification complexity & why the industry is still trying to get it right: 5 considerations
- The Center for Musculoskeletal Disorders installs Mazor system in ambulatory outpatient setting: 4 things to know