Patient Safety Tool: 'CATS' Poster for Surgical Site Infection Intervention
The Health Services Advisory Group designed a poster to remind and educate caregivers, staff, patients and families about interventions to decrease surgical site infections using the acronym CATS.
CATS stands for:
C: Clippers (remove hair appropriately)
A: Antibiotics (use prophylactic antibiotics appropriately)
T: Temperature (maintain normothermia)
S: Sugar (maintain glucose control)
The poster includes the headline "CATS Decrease Surgical Site Infections," along with an explanation of the acronym and an image of a cat.
Download the HSAG CATS poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Related Articles on Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 3 rules for revenue cycle efficiency
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Thursday — May 26, 2016
- PENTAX Medical launches OPTIVISTA video processor in the US, Medigus' MUSE system safe for long-term GERD treatment & more — 14 GI company key notes
- GI physicians, PCPs have differing reasons for recommending surveillance colonoscopy to seniors: 5 findings
- Approximately 50% of Crohn's disease patients receiving STELARA achieved clinical remission: 4 insights from a new study