Patient Safety Tool: 'BEAGLES' Poster for Surgical Site Infection Prevention
Cats aren't the only animal that can help safe lives. Beagles can as well.
After the HealthServices Advisory Group created a "CATS Decrease Surgical Site Infections" poster to remind and educate about interventions to decrease surgical site infections using the acronym CATS, posters were developed to assist bedside clinicians to better understand and to remember the quality measures associated with decreasing surgical site infections using the acronym BEAGLES.
BEAGLES stands for:
B: Beta blockers
E: Environment control
G: Glucose control
L: Leadership support
E: Embolism prevention
S: Skin preparation
The poster includes an explanation of the acronym and an image of a beagle.
Many organizations created different BEAGLES posters with the same central message. Download a version created by the Kansas Foundation for Medical Care of the BEAGLES poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Related Articles on Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Government denies delay for EHR rule — 5 things to know
- AmSurg receives 'hold' rating — 4 observations
- Legislators don't budge despite Floridians facing drastic cuts — 5 key points
- The fate of the small GI practice: Independence or strength in numbers?
- The ins & outs of ASC valuation with HealthCare Appraisers' Tom Mello