Patient Safety Tool: 'BEAGLES' Poster for Surgical Site Infection Prevention
Cats aren't the only animal that can help safe lives. Beagles can as well.
After the HealthServices Advisory Group created a "CATS Decrease Surgical Site Infections" poster to remind and educate about interventions to decrease surgical site infections using the acronym CATS, posters were developed to assist bedside clinicians to better understand and to remember the quality measures associated with decreasing surgical site infections using the acronym BEAGLES.
BEAGLES stands for:
B: Beta blockers
E: Environment control
G: Glucose control
L: Leadership support
E: Embolism prevention
S: Skin preparation
The poster includes an explanation of the acronym and an image of a beagle.
Many organizations created different BEAGLES posters with the same central message. Download a version created by the Kansas Foundation for Medical Care of the BEAGLES poster (pdf) for use in your facility.
Related Articles on Patient Safety Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 85 new outpatient surgery centers in 2016
- NCI scientists reverse a woman's colon cancer with immunotherapy: 5 research insights
- Somnia Anesthesia releases resource paper on management models: 3 things to know
- 5 healthcare technology trends taking center stage in 2017
- GI leader to know: Dr. Kumar Gutta of Gastroenterology Associates of North Texas