Patient Safety Tool: Anesthesia Awareness Policy
The Ohio Patient Safety Institute provides a free, downloadable sample anesthesia awareness policy.
The four-page example policy is intended to help address unintended intraoperative awareness during general anesthesia is offered as a tool for anesthesiologists and their hospitals, according to the policy.
OPSI said it developed a template for Ohio organizations that is consistent with recommendations from the American Society of Anesthesiologists and Joint Commission regarding helping to prevent and manage unintended intraoperative awareness.
Download the sample anesthesia awareness policy (pdf) for a adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Anesthesia Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- CMS launches 2 new patient engagement models
- 10 key trends in employers offering insurance benefits
- OrthoGeorgia surgeons perform 1st MAKO partial knee replacement in a Georgia ASC: 5 things to know
- Orlando Health's ambulatory care center makes da Vinci robotic system permanently available
- AAAHC accredits Mississippi Urology Outpatient Surgery Center: 4 key notes