Patient Safety Tool: Anesthesia Awareness Policy
The Ohio Patient Safety Institute provides a free, downloadable sample anesthesia awareness policy.
The four-page example policy is intended to help address unintended intraoperative awareness during general anesthesia is offered as a tool for anesthesiologists and their hospitals, according to the policy.
OPSI said it developed a template for Ohio organizations that is consistent with recommendations from the American Society of Anesthesiologists and Joint Commission regarding helping to prevent and manage unintended intraoperative awareness.
Download the sample anesthesia awareness policy (pdf) for a adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Anesthesia Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Oil Center Surgical Plaza gets accreditation — 5 key notesRead Now
- Southeast Alabama Medical Center implements Plexus IS' anesthesia system — 4 things to know
- 31 GI physicians making headlines – May 26, 2015
- GI physician to know: Dr. Arvind Movva of Gastroenterology Consultants
- Bristol Hospital opens new outpatient orthopedic and spine center: 6 key notes
- Man diagnosed with Lassa fever dies in US: 7 things to know