Patient Safety Tool: Ambulatory Surgery Surgical Checklist
The one-page checklist was adapted from the WHO "Safe Surgery Saves Lives" campaign and a surgical checklist developed by the Washington State Ambulatory Surgery Association and Proliance Surgeons.
It addresses what actions need to be taken during three steps: prior to incision, process control and debriefing (at completion of case).
Download the SCOAP ambulatory surgery surgical checklist (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Surgical Checklists:Study: Surgical Checklists Require Training to Achieve Surgeon, Anesthesiologist Compliance
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- UnitedHealthcare now posts Healthgrades star ratings for each physician: 7 key notes
- Joint Commission: New tools for medical error prevention
- Mederi Therapeutics launches 3rd generation of Stretta, Boston Scientific reports Q1 2016 financials & more — 5 GI company key notes
- Gastroenterologist pay in the US, UK, Canada & Australia: 5 notes
- Seres Therapeutics signs research agreements to support development of microbiome therapy for IBD: 3 points