Patient Safety Tool: Ambulatory Surgery Surgical Checklist
The one-page checklist was adapted from the WHO "Safe Surgery Saves Lives" campaign and a surgical checklist developed by the Washington State Ambulatory Surgery Association and Proliance Surgeons.
It addresses what actions need to be taken during three steps: prior to incision, process control and debriefing (at completion of case).
Download the SCOAP ambulatory surgery surgical checklist (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Surgical Checklists:Study: Surgical Checklists Require Training to Achieve Surgeon, Anesthesiologist Compliance
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Reproductive Endocrinology Associates of Charlotte gets accreditation — 5 key notesRead Now
- Tenet Healthcare named value stock to watch: 5 things to know
- Opportunities during times of change: Key strategies for orthopedic centers
- How robotic orthopedics programs can be financially viable in ASCs
- Prioritizing patient protection over data collection — 5 notes
- Code It Right conference provides tips for ICD-10 transition — 4 notes