Patient Safety Tool: Ambulatory Surgery Surgical Checklist
The one-page checklist was adapted from the WHO "Safe Surgery Saves Lives" campaign and a surgical checklist developed by the Washington State Ambulatory Surgery Association and Proliance Surgeons.
It addresses what actions need to be taken during three steps: prior to incision, process control and debriefing (at completion of case).
Download the SCOAP ambulatory surgery surgical checklist (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Surgical Checklists:Study: Surgical Checklists Require Training to Achieve Surgeon, Anesthesiologist Compliance
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Associated Eye Surgical Center receives AAAHC accreditationRead Now
- 8 new outpatient surgical centers in March 2015
- Naval Hospital Jacksonville uses human simulators to hone skills, improve patient safety
- Ensure employee satisfaction without offering raises: 5 strategies
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Anne Henkel of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Study: High intake of marine omega-3 oils lowers risk of certain CRC subtypes