Patient Safety Tool: Ambulatory Surgery Surgical Checklist
The one-page checklist was adapted from the WHO "Safe Surgery Saves Lives" campaign and a surgical checklist developed by the Washington State Ambulatory Surgery Association and Proliance Surgeons.
It addresses what actions need to be taken during three steps: prior to incision, process control and debriefing (at completion of case).
Download the SCOAP ambulatory surgery surgical checklist (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Surgical Checklists:Study: Surgical Checklists Require Training to Achieve Surgeon, Anesthesiologist Compliance
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia works to decrease opioid usage: 3 notes
- FDA clears Pure-Vu System for intra-procedural colon cleaning: 3 notes
- FDA approves STELARA for Crohn's disease treatment: 5 notes
- AGA objects to American Board of Internal Medicine's certification proposals: 4 notes
- Dr. Simon Rabinowitz named a Who's Who by Marquis: 5 takeaways