Patient Safety Tool: Ambulatory Surgery Pre- & Post-Operative Checklists
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons' Patient Safety Committee provides free, downloadable pre- and post-operative ambulatory surgery patient safety checklists.
While the two, one-page checklists are intended to be filled out by an orthopedic surgeon, they can be adapted for use by other specialists.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Safety Checklists:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 4 key situations for coders to query providers — And when not to
- Hepatic steatosis and liver fibrosis may be genetic: 4 observations
- ALS disease may arise from long-ago embedded virus: 5 observations
- Looking to the future of payment: Why ASCs need to adopt new models
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Joel Weinstock of Tufts Medical Center