Patient Safety Tool: AHRQ Pamphlet for Reducing Medication Errors
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the National Council on Patient Information and Education have released a new pamphlet which providers can use to help their patients reduce medication errors and understand how to take medicines safely.
"Your Medicines: Be Smart. Be Safe" is a booklet that includes a detachable, wallet-sized card that can be personalized to help patients keep track of all medicines they are taking, including vitamins and herbal and other dietary supplements.
The guide also includes questions that patients can ask their doctors about their medications.
Download the AHRQ pamphlet to help your patients reduce medication errors (pdf).
More Articles With Downloadable Patient Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
AAAHC hopes to shed some light on accreditation at its upcoming conferenceRead Now
- An Untapped Market: How Marrick Medical Finance is making it possible for ASCs to increase patient volume
- MEDNAX acquires MEMAC Associates
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Faisal Bhinder of Capital Digestive Care
- Steroid use increases risk of VTE significantly in IBD patients, study says
- As audits approach, NueMD launches webinars on compliance