Patient Safety Tool: AHRQ Pamphlet for Reducing Medication Errors
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the National Council on Patient Information and Education have released a new pamphlet which providers can use to help their patients reduce medication errors and understand how to take medicines safely.
"Your Medicines: Be Smart. Be Safe" is a booklet that includes a detachable, wallet-sized card that can be personalized to help patients keep track of all medicines they are taking, including vitamins and herbal and other dietary supplements.
The guide also includes questions that patients can ask their doctors about their medications.
Download the AHRQ pamphlet to help your patients reduce medication errors (pdf).
More Articles With Downloadable Patient Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Destiny Surgery Center gets accreditation: 5 key notesRead Now
- EHRs in ASCs: 5 thoughts for the present and future
- Seattle hospitals receive low infection control rating — ASCs maintain low risk
- 6 notes on primary care physicians' outlook on healthcare technology
- Dignity Health Saint Francis Memorial Hospital opens Orthopedic Institute — 6 things to know
- 'Probable' West Nile case in Ohio — 5 notes