Patient Safety Tool: AHRQ Pamphlet for Reducing Medication Errors
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the National Council on Patient Information and Education have released a new pamphlet which providers can use to help their patients reduce medication errors and understand how to take medicines safely.
"Your Medicines: Be Smart. Be Safe" is a booklet that includes a detachable, wallet-sized card that can be personalized to help patients keep track of all medicines they are taking, including vitamins and herbal and other dietary supplements.
The guide also includes questions that patients can ask their doctors about their medications.
Download the AHRQ pamphlet to help your patients reduce medication errors (pdf).
More Articles With Downloadable Patient Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Should Ebola be factored into ASC risk assessments?Read Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting