Patient Safety Tool: AHRQ Pamphlet for Reducing Medication Errors
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the National Council on Patient Information and Education have released a new pamphlet which providers can use to help their patients reduce medication errors and understand how to take medicines safely.
"Your Medicines: Be Smart. Be Safe" is a booklet that includes a detachable, wallet-sized card that can be personalized to help patients keep track of all medicines they are taking, including vitamins and herbal and other dietary supplements.
The guide also includes questions that patients can ask their doctors about their medications.
Download the AHRQ pamphlet to help your patients reduce medication errors (pdf).
More Articles With Downloadable Patient Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
AAAHC accredits Yorkville Endoscopy — 5 key notesRead Now
- 4 recent orthopedics-driven ASC plans & openings
- Nobilis Healthcares receives $25M loan from GE Capital
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Mark Noar of Endoscopy Microsurgery Associates
- Dr. Michael Camilleri named AGA president: 5 things to know
- URMC GI experts organize advanced endoscopy nursing course: 4 key notes