Patient Safety Tool: AHRQ Pamphlet for Reducing Medication Errors
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the National Council on Patient Information and Education have released a new pamphlet which providers can use to help their patients reduce medication errors and understand how to take medicines safely.
"Your Medicines: Be Smart. Be Safe" is a booklet that includes a detachable, wallet-sized card that can be personalized to help patients keep track of all medicines they are taking, including vitamins and herbal and other dietary supplements.
The guide also includes questions that patients can ask their doctors about their medications.
Download the AHRQ pamphlet to help your patients reduce medication errors (pdf).
More Articles With Downloadable Patient Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How ophthalmologists saved $24M in penalty avoidances — 4 things to know
- Commercial ACOs yield higher quality scores & better integration than noncommercial ACOs — 5 key takeaways
- Deltec Asset Management holds $6.2M stake in Tenet: 5 notes
- Natural Language Processing in healthcare & life sciences market to total $2.7B by 2021 — 4 notes
- Ambulatory Surgical Center of Stevens Point hits 10-year landmark: 3 takeaways