Patient Safety Tool: AHRQ Pamphlet for Reducing Medication Errors
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the National Council on Patient Information and Education have released a new pamphlet which providers can use to help their patients reduce medication errors and understand how to take medicines safely.
"Your Medicines: Be Smart. Be Safe" is a booklet that includes a detachable, wallet-sized card that can be personalized to help patients keep track of all medicines they are taking, including vitamins and herbal and other dietary supplements.
The guide also includes questions that patients can ask their doctors about their medications.
Download the AHRQ pamphlet to help your patients reduce medication errors (pdf).
More Articles With Downloadable Patient Tools:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Why ASCs should prioritize personalities in staff recruitment: Select Physicians Surgery Center's administrator shares insight
- AAAHC names Dr. Vicky Gordon interim president & CEO: 3 notes
- Emergent BioSolutions receives contract for Zika vaccine: 4 things know
- Obama administration to update Medicare Part B payment proposal, but will this be enough to squash opposition?
- Illinois Department of Insurance approves $37B Aetna, Humana merger: 4 key points