Patient Safety Tool: 10 Patient Handoff Communications Tools
AORN, in the "Perioperative Patient 'Hand-Off' Tool Kit" developed by AORN and the U.S. Department of Defense Patient Safety Program, provides 10 sample patient handoff tools gathered from organizations around the country.
The tools include forms, posters, worksheets and a button design.
Download the 10 sample patient handoff communications tools (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Handoffs:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- CDC chief fears deadly Candida auris could spread: 6 notes
- Survey says 33% of providers using telehealth services
- Payer group advocates for continuing cost sharing reductions — 4 key notes
- The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety adds associate editors
- Northwest Ohio Orthopedics & Sports Medicine opening surgery center: 4 key notes