The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Safety Tool: 10 Patient Handoff Communications Tools
AORN, in the "Perioperative Patient 'Hand-Off' Tool Kit" developed by AORN and the U.S. Department of Defense Patient Safety Program, provides 10 sample patient handoff tools gathered from organizations around the country.
The tools include forms, posters, worksheets and a button design.
Download the 10 sample patient handoff communications tools (pdf) for adaptation and use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Handoffs:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Accreditation Tip: Be CandidRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers