Patient Education Tool: Home Healthcare Medical Devices Checklist
The FDA has developed a free, downloadable checklist for patients on how to use and maintain their medical device safely and effectively in your home.
The brochure — titled "Home Healthcare Medical Devices: A Checklist" — addresses a number of areas including understanding how the devices work, proper care and operation of devices, backup plans and education of family members on the devices.
Download the medical devices checklist (pdf) for use and distribution by your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 100 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medical Device Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Is multimodal or patient-controlled analgesia more effective following an ACDF? 5 observations
- Stratifying risk — Using predictive analytics to pinpoint high-risk patients
- Coding productivity, accuracy decrease with start of ICD-10: 8 observations
- Global telemedicine market to grow at CAGR of 19%: 8 insights
- Obama administration rejects House $1.1B Zika bill: 4 things to know