The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Education Tool: Home Healthcare Medical Devices Checklist
The FDA has developed a free, downloadable checklist for patients on how to use and maintain their medical device safely and effectively in your home.
The brochure — titled "Home Healthcare Medical Devices: A Checklist" — addresses a number of areas including understanding how the devices work, proper care and operation of devices, backup plans and education of family members on the devices.
Download the medical devices checklist (pdf) for use and distribution by your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 100 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medical Device Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
4 tips to addressing physician credentialing with payers during an acquisitionRead Now
- The Amazon.com for ASCs: Using collaborative consumption to improve the bottom line
- Lolo Jones shares lessons for overcoming failure at Becker's ASC Annual Meeting
- 3 partnerships every ASC should explore
- A lesson for healthcare leaders from Cirque du Soleil
- Should Ebola be factored into ASC risk assessments?