Patient Education Tool: Home Healthcare Medical Devices Checklist
The FDA has developed a free, downloadable checklist for patients on how to use and maintain their medical device safely and effectively in your home.
The brochure — titled "Home Healthcare Medical Devices: A Checklist" — addresses a number of areas including understanding how the devices work, proper care and operation of devices, backup plans and education of family members on the devices.
Download the medical devices checklist (pdf) for use and distribution by your facility.
Note: View our database providing more than 100 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Medical Device Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
How long will the Joan Rivers incident tarnish the ASC industry's good name?Read Now
- St. Vincent Anderson Regional to open $26M surgical pavilion
- Dr. Sonia Kupfer meets with National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Newman Regional Health to acquire $345k endoscopy system
- Doherty & Associates acquires Medical Billing Management
- 12 tips to negotiate a deal more effectively