Patient Education Tool: 'Having Surgery? What You Need to Know' Brochure From AHRQ
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality offers a free, downloadable brochure which provides questions patients who are facing surgery that is not an emergency should ask their doctor and surgeon.
The brochure, titled Having Surgery? What You Need to Know, is intended to help patients and their family understand more about their surgery, whether it has to be done right away or can be done later.
Download the AHRQ brochure on non-emergent surgery (pdf) for distribution to your patients.
Note: View our database providing 80-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Education and Satisfaction:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition