Patient Education Tool: 'Having Surgery? What You Need to Know' Brochure From AHRQ
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality offers a free, downloadable brochure which provides questions patients who are facing surgery that is not an emergency should ask their doctor and surgeon.
The brochure, titled Having Surgery? What You Need to Know, is intended to help patients and their family understand more about their surgery, whether it has to be done right away or can be done later.
Download the AHRQ brochure on non-emergent surgery (pdf) for distribution to your patients.
Note: View our database providing 80-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Education and Satisfaction:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 4 GI physicians in the news — July 29, 2016
- Takeda Pharmaceutical plans $725M R&D redesign: 5 things to know
- Dr. James Cottrell wins Arthur Ashe Institute for Urban Health's leadership award: 5 notes
- Anthem to add 9 ACA exchanges if Cigna deal passes: 4 takeaways
- Florida marks 1st state of local Zika mosquito transmission; 4 people infected — 5 things to know