National 'Time Out' Day is June 11
The day is also supported by The Joint Commission, the World Health Organization and the Council on Surgical and Perioperative Safety. It is intended to increase awareness of safe surgical practices. The 2014 emphasis is evaluating how surgical time-outs fit into the context of larger quality initiatives, according to a news release. It is the 10th anniversary of the first time-out day, held in 2004.
For a database of various time-out resources from AORN, click here.
More Articles on Accreditation:
Patient Education Infographic on Anesthesia, Sedation
Accreditation Tip: 'Ready to Go' List
Top 12 Reasons for Infection Control Non-Compliance
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Dr. Dolly Skeete joins Carolina Orthopedic & Sports Medicine: 5 key notes
- Big growth opportunities in the ASC space: Key thoughts from Nobilis Health Chairman Harry Fleming
- The changing principles of wound care
- Premiums go up, subsidized plan costs go down — 7 facts
- 5 key takeaways about the world's 1st Hepatitis D virus test