National 'Time Out' Day is June 11
The day is also supported by The Joint Commission, the World Health Organization and the Council on Surgical and Perioperative Safety. It is intended to increase awareness of safe surgical practices. The 2014 emphasis is evaluating how surgical time-outs fit into the context of larger quality initiatives, according to a news release. It is the 10th anniversary of the first time-out day, held in 2004.
For a database of various time-out resources from AORN, click here.
More Articles on Accreditation:
Patient Education Infographic on Anesthesia, Sedation
Accreditation Tip: 'Ready to Go' List
Top 12 Reasons for Infection Control Non-Compliance
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Innovative business models needed in healthcare – STAT!
- "My center looks just fine" — Or does it? Key thoughts on ASC presentation
- Keeping up with regulations: ASCA's CEO & COO will discuss at Becker's Conference
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Craig Gordon of Houston Gastroenterology Associates
- Olympus releases new version of SONICBEAT device, EndoChoice shares drop 7.61% & more – 4 GI/endoscopy company key notes