MHAUS Publishes Surgery Checklists for Patient Safety
The Malignant Hyperthermia Association of the United States has released two checklists for patients and their families concerning surgery safety.
The checklists, provided in the blog of MHAUS President Henry Rosenberg, MD, address 18 questions on "What you Should Ask Prior to Your Surgery Requiring Anesthesia" and 14 pieces of information the patient/family should be able to provide.
They were developed by Dr. Rosenberg and Dale Ann Micalizzi, an MHAUS board member and founder of Justin's HOPE at the Taskforce for Child Survival and Development.
View the blog post which includes the MHAUS safety checklists.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Muskegon Surgery Center gets accreditation: 4 key notesRead Now
- Dr. Julie Servoss: A GI tech must-have
- GI society roundtable: Putting together the game plan for potential colonoscopy cuts
- 5 critical steps to developing an ASC risk management program
- Researchers reconstruct ancient virus to enhance gene therapy — 5 notes
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Jacques Van Dam of USC's Keck School Medicine